Saturday, July 21, 2012

Holy Mother of Mint Chocolate Chip!!

MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM. eh.
If I want ice cream I go two ways: Butter Pecan or Rainbow Sherbert.

So back In the day when I lived in Houston, there was this diner called WINGERS, a 50's inspired diner. So stinking yummy. Good food! Known for its beer and hot sauce. AND instead of serving chips or peanuts they served you bowls of buttery popcorny goodness.
Wingers is no longer in TX :(
Only in Utah, Idaho Oregon, Nevada, WAshington and Wyoming.
Not cool WINGERS, Not cool.
It's also called a Winger's Roadhouse Grill now-a-days.
One of their famous desserts is something called Asphalt Pie.
[stop drooling.]

 I have often said I going to remake this. Because it is so darn good &  havn't had it in ohhhh 15 years. Last night I got the urge to throw it together.

So to make the pie you would need:
1 Oreo crust (home-made or store bought)
6 cups of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream
Chocloate syrup
Caramel syrup
and whipped cream ( you can be fancy and make your own or buy it. BUT if you buy it, buy OAK FARMS. Or you should, because I tell you too. It,s just better than that Reddi-Whip stuff.)

You let the ice cream soften and then scoop it into the pie crust and spread it. Then you let it freeze for 8 hours or so.

Such a complex dessert, I know!
Then you can just cut your pie, load it with whipped cream and drizzle chocolate AND caramel over it.
Go the extra mile and make the pretty patterns, makes ya feel fancy!
ENJOY

Now I know MCC ice cream and Caramel??? Yuck.
Just doesnt sound good.
Had I never went to Wingers, I would have never thought to put it together.

ANYWHO. So...... if you have the munchies, and are  impatient like me...
[rolls eyes]
here's what you do...
Go buy and half gallon of Blue Bell MCC ice cream
a package of oreos
whipped cream (OAK FARMS, YALL!)
Chocolate sundae syrup
Caramel sundae syrup.


So you take your oreos and twist them apart put the sides with out the filling in a ziploc bag, and then pair your sides with the filling together (TA-DA! very own double stuffed oreos!)
Make how ever much you want. I was making this dessert for more than one person so i automatically did half the package of oreos.
Then take something heavy and crush the cookies up.
Put the oreos in the bottom of your bowl or plate or cup or measuring bowl, whatever you use when you eat ice cream. I don't judge.
Then scoop out your ice cream, 2 scoops ( or more!)
Load that bad boy up with whipped cream and drizzle the caramel and chocolate syrup over the cream.
This is what I came up with

It tastes JUST like the pie.
And its quick.
And Yumm-o
And it's sure to send you into sugar shock.

So go to the store and get everything to make this, then call me after and tell me how amazing I am for telling you about this little gem.

Laters.


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I don't care too much for MCC but this looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. you are just to damn good. you need your own tv show and put everyone else to shame. You just go girl.

    ReplyDelete